Traveling to Canada
2024 Theme and T-Shirt Designs
July Creativity Prompt
Annacat and Dan
Mysterium 2024 co-chairs
We are thrilled to have so many of you interested in coming to Mysterium this year!
We have reached our maximum capacity of 250 in-person attendees, as Cyan can only accommodate 250 people. That being said, we have opened up 25 additional tickets at a discounted rate of $40 for those who are not interested in visiting Cyan. If you are interested in purchasing this type of ticket, you may do so by following this link. Additional “Standard Registration” slots may open up if people choose to let us know that they are not interested in touring Cyan on Saturday.
To that end, if you have purchased a ticket already and are interested in changing over to this type of ticket please use this form and we will be in touch with next steps soon.
A charter bus will be available for those who need a ride to and from Cyan on Saturday. We will have 48 seats available on the bus. To reserve your seat, please log in to Convention Master by following this link, go to the swag section and select Coach Bus to and from Cyan. A non-refundable fee of $15 will apply.
It’s almost time for Mysterium, ya’ll. So the creative prompt for June is “Scream”. Interpret this however you wish!
Scream into the void of the starry expanse, the scream of the piranha chicken, or the scream of being eaten by a whark! You decide.
We’re almost there! We’ve got some great stuff coming soon.
Have a great evening!
– Rayne & m13
Everywhere you go…
Mysterium is coming up quickly and there are a few important things we need to share with you.
First, registration is capped at 250 people this year. We are approaching that number now, so if you intend to come but have not yet registered, now is the time! All of the information regarding registration can be found here. If you know you are no longer able to attend, please reach out to us so we can account for you and avoid turning any more people away than we need to.
The deadline for the hotel is very soon. If you do not have a room booked by May 28th, you will not be able to get a room in our room block or at our special Mysterium rate. There may be other rooms in the hotel available, however we cannot offer nor guarantee any special pricing for those rooms. If there are any issues with availability of the room type you are looking for before the deadline, please reach out to Odo to see if any more rooms of that type are available.
Again, the deadline is May 28th. There are no exceptions to this deadline.
The swag deadline is June 3rd. While there will be a limited number of swag items available to purchase at the registration desk, it will be first come, first served basis.
If you’re interested in placing an order for items ahead of time with your registration, please do so before June 3rd.
Listening Aids Update
Due to lack of interest, we’ve decided to not rent the listening aid devices this year.
On-Site Activities 101
We put together a great page that talks about all the fun stuff that will be available for you to do on-site at Mysterium this year! Check out the full list on this page!
April Prompt Winner
The April Prompt (“You Fool!”) winner is redwoodroad, for their drawing of Achenar, Sirrus and Yeesha playing a prank on Gehn. Congratulations!
Mysterium is only two months away (cue the screaming here) and we of the committee are excited to see all of you come June 30th! That being said, we have a couple of reminders for you!
- Book your hotel room before the closing date on May 28th. If you reserve your room after that date, the code for the rooms will no longer work and you’ll have to pay the full hotel price. Reservations for the rooms can be found here. Any further information about the hotel can be found on our location page of our website.
- Our cut-off date for swag is June 3rd! Any orders not finalized by this date will be unavailable. There will be a limited number of swag items at the registration table available for purchase on a first come, first serve basis.
- Online Registration ends on June 16th. While we will allow walk-in registration at the door for 50$, we ask that you register before the deadline so that we can get an accurate head count for Cyan.
Which brings us to our next point…
This year, for the first time, Mysterium will be renting and offering assistive listening technology. We will be using Williams Sound PPA 457 Personal Assistive Listening System, so if you require one of these, please contact the committee through the firstname.lastname@example.org email ASAP (by no later than June 1st) so we can compile a headcount for the use of these. During the convention, please check in at the registration desk to pick yours up, but bear in mind that we will be requiring either a deposit or a form of collateral from you.
May’s Creative Prompt
And lastly, our Prompt for May is: Spring. (Give us all the plays on words, all the puns you can think of. No holds barred pun challenge is a go!)
We’ll be coming back to you soon with more information on a schedule, our final headcount, and any other important information, so be on the lookout.
m13, Co-Chair of Mysterium 2023
- Meow Wolf went over quite well. We’ll look into similar excursions for future locations. (Chair’s note: I’m really glad people enjoyed this. I went there in January and my immediate reaction was “we have to do this during Mysterium”).
- Cavern Feud was well-received. We’ll see if we can come up with enough questions to do it again, but regardless, we’ll aim for any game show events to involve larger groups like this.
- A number of people asked about the possibility of ASL or captions. An ASL translator is most likely out of our budget; however, while we cannot yet make any promises, we are looking into captioning options for 2023.
August Prompt Winner
Mysterium 2022 Chair