Mysterium 2020 will be held near Washington, DC from Friday, August 7 through Sunday, August 9.
We will be returning to our traditional schedule, ending midday on Sunday (typically around 1:00 PM)
Our hotel for 2020 will be the Westin Alexandria Old Town in Alexandria, VA. The Mysterium rate of $100/night includes wireless internet access and discounted parking (see Parking section below). Room options are one king or two doubles. Our guaranteed room block covers the nights of Thursday, August 6 – Saturday, August 8. The rate may also be booked three days before and after these dates, subject to availability.
Rooms may be booked through this link until July 6, after which the rooms may be released to the public and there will be no guarantee of availability.
The cancellation policy is not clarified on Marriott’s website, but reservations may be cancelled up until 5 PM Eastern Time 3 days before your check-in date.
For attendees staying at the hotel: We have negotiated a rate of $20/night, down from the hotel’s standard $36. If you have booked a room at the Mysterium rate, give the valet driver your name and charge the parking to your room. The discount will automatically apply. Note: If you have not booked your room at the Mysterium rate you will not receive discounted parking.
For attendees visiting for the day: Day parking will be available at a rate of $15. We are still working with the hotel to determine how vouchers for this rate will be distributed.
There may also be other garages in the area – not affiliated with the hotel – available at lower rates.
Closer to the event we will provide suggestions for food and activities near our hotel and in the DC area.
Room and Ride Sharing
Room and Ride Share discussions can be found on the appropriate channel of our Discord server. To join the server, click the “Connect” button in the Discord box on the right sidebar of this page.
Getting to Mysterium
Including Baltimore, the Washington, DC area has three airports. We recommend DCA, as it is the closest and most convenient, but if price is a concern, then consider checking out the other two.
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) – This airport has service from across the United States as well as a handful of Canadian cities. It is the most convenient of the three airports to our hotel. It is a hub for American Airlines.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) – The primary international airport for the city, this airport has service to major cities around the world as well as domestic flights around the United States. It is less convenient than DCA but more convenient than BWI. It is a hub for United Airlines.
- Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) – This airport has flights across the United States as well as a small number of routes to Canada, the Caribbean, and Europe. It is often the least expensive of the three airports, but will also be the least convenient to our hotel. It is a hub for Southwest Airlines.
As a major rail hub, DC’s Union Station (WAS) has service from cities throughout the eastern US as well as to Chicago. The following train routes serve the station:
- Acela Express
- Capitol Limited
- Northeast Regional
- Silver Service
Alexandria also has a train station within walking distance of the hotel, served by some of the trains listed above. The station code is ALX.
For more information, visit amtrak.com
DC’s Metro provides service around the city and nearby suburbs. Our hotel is located within walking distance of the King St-Old Town station, served by the Yellow and Blue lines. The hotel also has a shuttle available if you need to be picked up at the station. We will provide more information on the shuttle closer to the event date.
Fares are based on distance and time of day. Check the exact fare for the King St-Old Town station when buying your ticket at your departure station.
- From DCA – Board either the Yellow or Blue line towards Huntington or Franconia-Springfield and travel to King St-Old Town. The ride should take 5-10 minutes.
- From IAD – Board bus 5A and take it to the Rosslyn Metro station. From there, board the Blue Line and take it towards Franconia-Springfield, getting off at King St-Old Town. The trip will vary based on traffic but should take approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- From BWI – Take bus B30 to the Greenbelt Metro station. From there, board the Yellow Line and take it to King St-Old Town. The trip will vary based on traffic but should take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. Note: this bus runs on a limited schedule so check the Metro website for additional information.
- From Union Station – Board the Red Line towards Shady Grove and take it to Gallery Place. Transfer to the Yellow Line towards Huntington and ride it to King St-Old Town.
For other starting points, see the trip planner on the Metro’s website.