Myst IV Panel Questions
- Eric Anderson is a Cyan veteran, involved with Uru, Myst, and Obduction
- Blake Bjerke rejoined Cyan last year and is continuing work on both Myst 2020 and Firmament
- Abner Coimbre previously worked at the Kennedy Space Center and now helps to streamline work for the team at Cyan
- Brandon Collins started in QA at Cyan and moved to development for Obduction, Myst 2020, and Firmament
- Mark “Chogon” DeForest started with Cyan way back in 1995 and has since been involved in almost every Cyan project
- Patrick “Doobes” Dulebohn has been creating content for Uru since 2007 and helps others learn how to create their own ages
- Hannah Gamiel has been involved in business development, production, and programming, and is currently the Development Director at Cyan
- Eleri Hamilton is a leader at Inkworks Productions and continues to work on the Unwritten role-playing game
- Veronica Hamilton is the primary developer for Unwritten and runs the game monthly on Twitch
- Mike Hines helped create the engine used for realMyst and Uru and is now an Art Lead at Oculus
- John “Marten” Johns originally joined Uru Obsession in 2003 and now volunteers for the OpenUru project
- Adam “Hoikas” Johnson is a core developer for the open source Uru client
- Karl Johnson has been with Cyan since Uru as a tester, producer, and engineer
- Keith “Tweek” Lord has been tweaking Uru since 2004. He also loves waffles.
- Autumn Palfenier is an animator with Cyan who has been involved in a wide range of projects from indie to AAA
- Darryl “dpogue/Paradox” Pogue is focused on porting Uru to both MacOS and Linux
- Katie “Kha’tie” Postma is a fixture in the Myst community, formerly with Cyan and now Social Media Manager for the Myst Documentary.
- Paul “rarified” Richards is a coordinator for fan content and code changes in Myst Online
- Derrick Robinson has been in Cyan’s art department for more than a decade and is currently Art Director
- Bill Slease served multiple roles with Cyan ranging from art to game design to content direction
- Josh Van Veldhuizen has been with Cyan since 2008 and is currently QA Manager
–The Mysterium Committee
Myst IV Panel Questions
- Chuck Carter helped create the artwork for Myst. He is currently working on a playable version of the original concept for the Selenitic Age using Unreal Engine 5.
- Rand Miller co-founded Cyan over 30 years ago, bringing us the worlds of Myst and its sequels, as well as the upcoming game Firmament.
- Philip Shane is an award winning documentary filmmaker, working on such films as Being Elmo and The Beatles Revolution. Myst fans know him for his upcoming Myst Documentary.
Check out their full bios and the complete list of guests on our Special Guests page.
- Meinert Hansen has a slew of credits in games, TV, and movies, but Myst fans should know him as the art director for Myst IV.
- Robyn Miller needs no introduction, but you of course know him as the co-founder of Cyan and composer of the scores to Myst, Riven, and Obduction.
- Brian Wrench now runs a psychotherapy practice in Quebec, but long ago he played Sirrus in Myst IV.
Mysterium 2021 Hotel
Hello! We have a few updates to share, and we’d really like to hear from you as well. Read on for more information.
While things are finally looking better, we are still not out of the woods when it comes to COVID-19. Due to some continuing uncertainty and to allow people more flexibility, we have shortened the normal 90-day cancellation policy for Mysterium refunds to 45 days. Any registration canceled at least 45 days prior to July 16 will receive a full refund.
Also with regard to the pandemic, we have put together a brief survey to gauge how people are feeling about this year’s convention. We know we have gotten a bit long-winded with surveys in the past, but we promise this one is really short: it should only take about a minute. Please fill it out by April 4 as it will help us make everyone feel safe this Summer. The survey can be found by clicking here.
Location bids for Mysterium 2022 are still open until April 1. See our Location Bidding page for more information. We are also still accepting submissions for events, activity book pages, and the writing and artwork table for this year’s convention. See our Submissions page for details.
We hope you are all still staying safe and look forward to getting together this summer.
– Mysterium 2021 Co-Chairs: Capella and Dan