Hopefully you are all staying safe while still enjoying the summer. In some happy news, we have plenty to share about this year’s online convention.
Registration for our virtual Mysterium is now open! See our registration page for details. There is no charge this year (although donations are certainly appreciated), but registration is required to join our online event. Registration will remain open until August 9, but note for registrations during the convention there may be a delay before you are able to participate.
One of the positives of holding an online convention this year is that we can invite an array of special guests without paying for plane tickets and hotel rooms. We’re pleased to announce the first round of guests for this year.
Remember our guests from Mysterium 2019? Well, all of them are back! That means Russell Brower, Chuck Carter, Tim Larkin, Marty O’Donnell, Katie Postma, and Jack Wall will all be joining us during the weekend:
- Russell Brower is best known for his work on games from Blizzard, including World of Warcraft. He is currently lending his talents to Cyan’s upcoming game, Firmament.
- Chuck Carter helped create the beautiful artwork for Myst. More recently, his new studio, Eager Games, partnered with Cyan to release their first game, Zed, last year.
- Tim Larkin has created music and sound design for several Valve games, including Portal, Portal 2, and DOTA 2, but before that he wrote the scores for both Uru and Myst V.
- Marty O’Donnell is best known for the Halo soundtrack, but of course Myst fans know him as the sound designer for Riven.
- Katie Postma previously worked for Cyan and Ubisoft as the Myst franchise community manager. She is currently Project Manager for the Myst Documentary.
- Jack Wall, known for his scores to game franchises such as Mass Effect and Call of Duty, contributed the haunting music in Myst III and IV.
We have quite a few more to announce as we get closer to the event, and we’ll be updating our special guests page regularly with new names. Stay tuned, because they get even more exciting from here!
Hotel Room Cancellations
If you booked a room at the Mysterium rate for the in-person 2020 convention, your reservation should have been cancelled by now. People have generally not been receiving email notifications of the cancellations, so check your Marriott Bonvoy account if you have one, or look up your reservation using the booking reference you received when you reserved your room.
Also, if you previously bought a registration for the in-person convention, you should have received an email from us with instructions on refunds and rollovers. If you didn’t, please get in touch ASAP!
Reminder that submissions for Pass The Book and Open Mic Night are still open, as are T-Shirt pre-orders. We are also extending the deadline for Pass The Book to July 12th, to give you an extra weekend to record your videos.
We’ll have more to announce – and more special guests to introduce – soon!
– The Mysterium Committee