Mysterium 2017 will be held in Orlando, FL from August 4-6.
Time Zone: Eastern
GETTING TO MYSTERIUM
Getting to Orlando
- Orlando International Airport (airport code: MCO) is 14 miles away from the hotel
- The Orlando Amtrak station (station code: ORL) is 10 miles away from the hotel
- The Orlando Greyhound station is 9 miles away from the hotel
- Orlando Sanford International Airport (airport code: SFB) is 38 miles away from the hotel
Getting to the hotel
- Scheduling an Airport Shuttle (Super Shuttle or Mears)
- Call a taxi
- Call a rideshare (Lyft, Uber, etc)
- LYNX public transit system
- Ride-share with another attendee (Coordinate via Facebook group)
Mysterium 2017 will be held in the Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court. The hotel offers a complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, cooked-to-order breakfast, easy access to local attractions, laundry and fitness amenities.
As we get closer to August, we will post information on the best options for getting to the hotel from the airport.
We have secured a rate of $119/night, which is available from Thursday, August 3rd thru Tuesday, August 8th. All rooms are suites, including either one king bed or two queen beds, along with a sleeper couch. The $15/day self-parking fee has also been waived for Mysterium attendees.
Rooms are also available at our group rate for 3 nights before and after the dates above, subject to availability.
Note that this group rate was only officially available up until July 3rd. The hotel may still have availability, though. If you still wish to book a room or extend your stay, please email email@example.com and we will pass your request on to the hotel.
Preparing for Orlando
Capella has put together a blog post on preparing for your Orlando trip and useful items to bring. Check it out here: http://www.mysterium.net/2017/07/preparing-for-orlando/
(These attractions are within walking distance of our hotel)
The Orlando Eye: https://www.officialorlandoeye.com/
Madame Tussaud’s: https://www.madametussauds.com/orlando/en/
Ripley’s Believe It or Not!: http://www.ripleys.com/orlando/
Titanic: The Artifact Museum: http://www.premierexhibitions.com/exhibitions/3/41/titanic-artifact-exhibition/titanic-artifact-exhibition-orlando
Magical Midway: http://www.magicalmidway.com/
Walt Disney World Resort
Official Website: http://disneyworld.com
Vacation Planning Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iffZaj2JmQ0
If you’ve never been before, we recommend visiting Magic Kingdom or EPCOT depending on your tastes. Make sure you stay for the end of night fireworks!
Universal Studios Resort
Official Website: https://www.universalorlando.com
Universal’s brand new water park, Volcano Bay, just opened. Harry Potter fans will likely enjoy visiting the Wizarding World attractions, too.
Official Website: https://seaworld.com/orlando/
Kennedy Space Center
Official Website: https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/
There are dozens of chain restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. There are two grocery stores a few minutes away by car: Whole Foods and Publix.
Here’s our favorite local places for excellent food:
- Keke’s Breakfast Cafe: 2 miles
- Peach Valley Cafe: 5 miles
- Hammered Lamb
- Avenue Gastropub
- Border Grill: 4 miles
- Rocco’s Tacos & Tequila Bar: 1.5 miles
- Bosphorus Turkish Cuisine: 2 miles
- Ravenous Pig
- Special Diets
- Lots of bars and clubs around Orange Avenue between Washington and Church.
- Recommended bars:
- Herman’s Loan Office: Best cocktails!
- Aku Aku Tiki Bar
- Recommended bars:
- Disney Springs
- Universal CityWalk
- Parliament House Resort