As you can see from the title of the post, we have a very exciting special guest to announce today:
That’s right, Jack Wall will be a special guest at Mysterium this year.
Jack Wall is an ASCAP award-winning and BAFTA nominated composer best known for his rich, cinematic scores found within popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, 3, & 4, and Mass Effect 1 & 2. Most recently Wall scored the supernatural drama television series Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments airing on Disney’s Freeform TV as well as the latest record-breaking entry in the blockbuster Call of Duty series, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. He has also written additional music score for numerous other TV series including the fantasy drama series Reign on the CW and Emerald City on NBC as well as scoring the hi-octane action film Hard Target 2 available on Netflix.
However, Myst fans will know him as the composer of the beautiful soundtracks from Myst III and IV.
Between Jack and Russel we’re starting to build up quite a powerhouse of audio guests, so expect at least one panel centered around game audio. And who knows? We may get them to join in on Mysterium Showtunes!
Mysterium has been around for a long time, and many of you have been coming for just as long. We want to showcase the people that make Mysterium great, and that means we need your pictures and stories! We want you to submit or post a photo of you at your first Mysterium convention. For bonus points, feel free to include a story about how Mysterium/the Myst community has impacted your life (or even career). We’ll collect all of these and display them in some fashion this summer. Here are the details:
- Post with the hashtag #Mysterium20 to Twitter (tag @mysteriumcon) or to our Facebook Group
- Alternately, you can email your submission to email@example.com
- Include a photo of you at your first Mysterium. You can also include a photo of you today if you wish.
- Include your preferred name, if it’s not your Facebook/Twitter handle
- Optionally, include a short story/blurb to go with it
- Did you meet your partner because of Mysterium? Or did it have some other major impact on your life?
- We will collect all posts with the #Mysterium20 hashtag, and the contents may be shown later on the website or in the con-room
We look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your stories!
Also, remember to join the discussion on your local Mass Mysteria meetup!
Until next time,
Mysterium 2019 Con Chair