Do you have a great Myst fanfic or personal Uru exploration journal you want to share? Or perhaps painting or crafting is more your style. Whatever the medium, we want to feature your creations in this year’s Mysterium Convention Book!
What is the Mysterium Convention Book?
The convention book is a 5.25″ x 8.25″ magazine-quality, glossy, full-color book featuring the artistic creations of the Myst community, alongside valuable information about this year’s convention. These books are printed via MagCloud, an on-demand print service. The book is included in the cost of your registration for the weekend, but will also be available for purchase after the convention if you would like to get your hands on this year’s featured art and fiction.
How to Contribute
You may submit artwork, photos of crafts, works of fiction, or Myst/Cyan-related non-fiction articles. While entries that match or relate to this year’s Age theme – Age 233 – are encouraged, all submissions are welcome.
- You may only submit material that you created. Do not submit material belonging to others. You may submit works that incorporate material from the Myst/Uru titles, or any other Cyan IP.
- All content must be rated PG (“all ages”), regardless of medium.
- Written works (fanfiction and non-fiction) must be no more than 1,500 words.
- Written works must be submitted in .txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. Please be aware that materials with complex formatting requirements may not be used due to space and layout constraints (bold and italic text, as well as section separators, are fine).
- Artwork and photography should be 150dpi/ppi or higher. You may submit visual works at a lower resolution, but your images may be presented at smaller-than-original size.
- Visual works must be submitted in .jpg, .png, or .psd format. 24-bit .png is preferred for images, as it is a lossless, open-anywhere format. Photoshop documents must be openable in Photoshop CS4. Vector work should be submitted at the highest possible rasterized resolution.
- Submissions attached to email must be less than 10 MB in size. If your work is larger than 10 MB, please provide a link to your work in the email.
All entries must be submitted by April 29th. We reserve the right not to publish your work if it fails to meet the guidelines outlined above.
Where to Contribute
To send in your work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email the name you wish to have displayed along side your work.
By submitting your work for inclusion in the Mysterium Convention Book, you grant the Mysterium Committee and Falling Man Group a non-exclusive license to publish your work and feature it online in conjunction with the Mysterium event. You retain all copyrights to your work.