New for Mysterium 2019, we’ve decided to create a coloring book with designs based on Myst, Mysterium, Obduction, and any other related topics that you can think of! We’ll be making several of our own designs, but we want to open submissions up to the entire fan-base.
These will be printed in high-quality booklets. They will be available to all attendees, and we may make them available for purchase after the con. Additionally, if your artwork is selected for the coloring book, we’ll make sure you get one!
General Submission Rules
- Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15th 2019, unless special arrangements are made beforehand
- Please include the name of the design (if any), and how you would like to be credited
- Entries not meeting submission guidelines will be discarded, and the submitter notified
- Entries are to be kept confidential until after the winners are announced. Entries found posted in any public format prior to that date will be disqualified. (This includes publicly asking people to look at your entry elsewhere, but does not include privately asking people for help.)
- Direct screenshots from any of the games are not allowed
- The Committee reserves the right to make design adjustments as needed to facilitate printing
- All submissions become the property of Cyan Worlds Inc.
- You may submit as many designs as you like
Our preferred file formats are: .ai, .psd, .ps, .eps, .svg
We will also accept: .png, .pdf
Please do not submit: .gif, .bmp, .jpg, .doc
- Entries must be high quality (300 DPI minimum for raster images), however vector images (.svg, .ps, .eps, .ai) are strongly preferred.
- If you choose to use a raster image, design it to fit at least an 8.5×11″ page at 300 DPI
- Line width should be at least 6 pixels
- Designs should be grayscale only
Here is an example coloring page created by Adam Winsor:
If you need ideas on how to design coloring pages, look around online for “adult coloring books”. Some people like complicated pages with many small areas to color in, while others enjoy simpler pages with a few small areas. We’re hoping to have a good mix of both.
Coloring pages do not have to match the convention theme. Feel free to use any (family friendly) imagery from the fandom or Cyan’s games!